Pages

Sunday, 6 August 2017

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT WELL.



As a chronically ill person and full of pain, I know it is hard to feel happy. It's at logger heads with logic that one can be in pain yet still happy. But I do believe it's possible. 

Firstly, I must say that without Christ, I would be the most miserable person alive. It is He Who keeps me looking upwards instead of downwards and inwards... and it is through knowing Him that I can give thanks every morning I wake that He has given me another day of life. Yes, it's a painful life and sometimes it brings panic and depression. But until Christ comes or takes me Home, it's the only life I have. 

I intend to live it to the fullest within reason and the boundaries of my limitations.. I have no choice but to change plans and so on, but once I accept that this is my new normal and that is how God has ordained this season, I find peace. Not peace the world understands, but the peace that comes from Him and that goes beyond all human understanding.. So in my 65th year of life, I have a choice that I must make daily: to choose happiness and life or misery and no life. I choose happiness and life. 

It doesn't mean that I feel no pain. My limitations are still there and so are the scars. But I will change my plans, juggle my days to eke out my spoons and I will guard my thoughts and heart. I will be joyful. I will now choose to go to that event that my body rejects and I will plan to rest up afterwards. I will suffer an inevitable backlash of flares and pain afterwards and yes, my body will hurt as I sit in the car or plane or whatever- but it will still pain me and hurt me if I were to stay at home, even in bed. 

Every day is a blessing and how we live each day is how we live our life. I want to make memories. I want to remember more than being in pain and constant medications. That is why I choose to go overseas, even though in the natural my anxiety soars and I am afraid. I look to the positives and the memories of family I have yet to meet and places I have never seen. 

Even a sit outside in the air or a brief car trip that gets us out of the house can be a choice for freedom, joy and life. What are *your* choices? Choose life and joyful memories. One life. Live it well...


© Glenys Robyn Hicks

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. " Isaiah 41:13

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I don't know what your situation is but I wanted to mention chiropractic care. I used to be in pain everyday and after being adjusted for a few weeks I started to feel much better and pain free. Other friends have experienced the same, even come off of all their meds. It doesn't hurt to try! Blessings and healing from the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did try it but it nearly broke my back as I had Schuerrmann's Disease.... thanks for the suggestion, though. Glenys

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...