Pages

Monday, 17 July 2017

HE IS ABLE



After I lost my twins, my ex-husband was very careful to ensure that there were no more children for at least the next few years.  Those years of endless longing for a baby were some of the most emotionally taxing years of my life..

Each month I would cry and dream of the time I would be fruitful and be pregnant. The longing became an obsession.... an ache that resonated from not only my heart but my womb.  My greatest longing- to be a mother had almost been a reality, and now there was nothing but emptiness and grief...When finally I was allowed to become pregnant, the joy in me was palpable... I felt vibrant and full of hope.

Because I know the pain of longing for a child and have tasted the emptiness of enforced infertility,  my heart is particularly close to those who wait for a child of their own.  I know personally of a few women who walk that path in desperation, praying and hoping for a child.

If you walk the path of infertility, unsuccessful pregnancy or stillbirth or neonatal death, please know that you are in my prayers.... I do make mention of all the Hannahs in the world, in my prayer time. 

If you are a Hannah in need of prayer, please comment and I will be honoured to mention you by name- God knows you if you don't want to. Remember, nothing is impossible to God, but waiting month after month takes it toll on a soul....  be strong and faithful! Try to be of good cheer!

What God did for Elizabeth, Sarah and Hannah, and a few of my friends I prayed with and for, He can do for you....praying for you all now...

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

And [Hannah] vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life...and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her.  1 Samuel 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...