Friday, 9 June 2017

WITH ALL THAT SHE IS!



An acquaintance of mine professes to be a Christian. A few years ago over a cuppa at my home, seeking to find some common ground to start a conversation with her, I asked how her relationship with Christ was going. I was taken aback by her vehement reply in which she told me that she hates it when people ask her that...
I just continued sipping my tea and she continued spewing out hateful words about her life being so much better now than when she first became a Christian... she then went on to tell me that she didn't need Christ anymore... I gulped my tea and nearly choked...
I was going to say that one is on dangerous ground when one uses Christ like a celestial Santa Claus. He is not a genie to be called when needed to grant a wish either. But her expression was stern and she was obviously annoyed that I had asked her such an outrageous question!
It was not fear of man that held me back, however, but I felt the Holy Spirit restrain me and instead, He urged me to pray for her. She is only young and no doubt there will be many times when she will find that she indeed does need Christ...
Each time that I meet this young woman, I am checked in the Spirit to keep quiet about God and to pray for her to have a real conversion experience. It will be a joy to hear her say one day that she doesn't know how she could live without Him and that she loves Him with all that she is! 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind..  Matthew 22:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...