Pages

Saturday, 10 June 2017

THE LOOK THAT KILLS



In chronic illness, of all we suffer, not being believed by our nearest and dearest is the most painful! It cuts deep like a knife! 

One of my children gives me "the look" and we all know that look- for all types of "misdemeanours" from not making my bed to not being able to walk without my walker to not wearing makeup every day to .... just breathing! It's a look that just devastates me because it says so much! All negative! and that look wipes out all the good I have done for her over the years and still do... it's heart breaking and confidence sapping. 

I feel for you who are receivers of that look because I empathise. It is a look that kills...

LORD, I pray for  all Sisters who battle this "look" and the devastating emotional effects of it. Let us console each other in prayer, in love and in confidence that here we all understand, and we choose to lift up not bring down. Thank You that we can come to You when we feel so devastated emotionally, knowing that what we do or don't do is not as important as who we are. And we are priceless in Your sight. In the mighty Name of Jesus I pray that You console us.... Amen

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Do not despise your mother when she is old.  Proverbs 23:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...