Tuesday, 20 June 2017

NOT AN IOTA!


We were celebrating Chris's birthday and had a couple of friends over. The men were watching a truck program which is good for Chris- he needs to have some manly talk occasionally... it must be horrible to just have me to talk to about cars... if it goes, it's a good car, know what I mean?

She edged into it so gently.. "I understand with all your medications and your heart and back problems that you find it hard to lose weight... but don't you know that all that weight's dangerous?... you say that you can't lose weight but what if you keep getting bigger?" Yes indeed.

That's the worry. But in those questions I could see that she hadn't an inkling- not even an iota of an inkling that chronic illness causes weight problems in a lot of cases, and it's simply not possible for most of us to exercise. Short of starving ourselves, we won't lose an ounce. And we can't even starve ourselves, for every medication cautions us to take with or immediately after....FOOD!

I am not the kind of girl to live on a caraway seed. Or celery. And with my metabolism, even that would make me gain weight! Oh that she would understand, but she has no wisdom- not even an iota! 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks 


 Oh, that you would be silent, and it would be your wisdom! Job 13:5

2 comments:

  1. Amen!
    (You were kinder than I might have been.)
    Bless you!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an effort though, Gwen! :) thanks for commenting today. Blessings!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...