Pages

Friday, 7 April 2017

LEAVE IT AT THE CROSS



I was born a worrier. As long as I can remember, I have seen the potential for disaster and looked at the half empty glass. I guess it can be from my upbringing followed by a violent marriage... but I digress..
I have been a Christian for 37 years, and I just carried my burdens through each day, never really coming to a point where I could lay them down at the Cross and trust my Saviour to see me through. So for 17 years, I prayed, and then re-prayed and than worried, prayed and worried. It certainly wasn't the peace that passes all understanding or the faith that moved mountains...

Oh, I did have some fantastic answers to prayer, but peace in my life was something I didn't think I would ever have. That all changed about 20 years ago when I realised that I wasn't allowing God to care for me as I should, and thus I was not living a life of blessing, victory and peace that God has promised to His child. So I made a decision. I would trust God to work things out for my good. Even illness. Even my analytical mind. I would take Him at His Word and believe His promises were for me as well as everyone else. And I felt lighter... happier.
When my daughter was ill in hospital with leukaemia, I was sorely tested in the worry v faith department, but I made myself pray and then gave it to God. I mean *gave* it to God. I literally said, "Father, I cannot change what is going to happen... Dianne is Your child and You love her. Save her. But even so, You are LORD!" and then I left it with Him to work out. Every time I felt the worry overpower me, I said to God, "I am sorry, but I know You are working in this.. I give this back to You because it is too much for me to bear!"... and I could feel His peace like a mantle around me and His love like a warm breeze!
By giving everything to God to handle, I experienced the peace that passes all understanding. It wasn't easy and sometimes still isn't, but if you want to have that Peace in your life, you have to surrender your hopes, plans, dreams, your very life or that of a loved one, to Him. Leave it at the Cross...

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...