Sunday, 26 February 2017

YOU'RE A GOOD GOOD FATHER!


You're a good good Father, that's Who You are, that's Who You are... and I'm loved by You, that's who I am, that's who I am..You're perfect in all of Your ways!   Chris Tomlin

I didn't have a good earthly father. Oh, I loved him, but as he was a violent alcoholic, I was afraid of him and loved him from a distance. It was a sad kind of love... wanting to be near, but too afraid to come to him. Unfortunately, this perception of God as a Father stayed with me until I was about 30 years old. That's when my mother who was widowed, married my step-father Max. 

Max was a Christian man who showed me what an earthly father should be like. He was approachable and took an interest in both myself and Chris and my children... Knowing him changed my view of Father God... Max is now with the LORD and there is not a day I don't remember something he would say and I thank him for bringing me into a deeper and closer relationship with Father God. 

Our earthly fathers can be less than good and disappoint us and let us down or even abuse us. But Father God is perfect in love and sent His own Son to reach us and bring us into a relationship with Him through Jesus. It took me years to realise that our fathers are sinners and some have not been saved through grace as we have.... 

But we have a perfect Father in God and we would do well to remember that when our earthly fathers let us down.... 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? John 14:9

2 comments:

  1. this was so beautiful and touching.
    often, its amazing to marvel at the love so constant. so gentle. so sweet. that the father showers on us.
    what a promise.

    he's a proud father.
    he's a kind brother.
    he's a perfect friend.

    much love to you!
    ashley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...