Tuesday, 1 November 2016

JUST LIKE HIS FATHER!


Often in the first few days of life, a child will look comically like its' father. So much so that often women joke about doing all the hard work to bring them into the world, and then they look like their fathers! 

Most men are very proud of this fact, and it gives them inordinate delight, especially if their children emulate them in later life... a chip off the old block!

I often reflect how we Christians are to emulate Jesus, Who Himself emulated everything He saw and heard from His Father. He gave Himself completely to being the incarnate reflection and vessel on earth of God -His and our Father...

"As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. John 10:15

Jesus is the visible Personhood of God the Father, His only begotten Son Who took on human flesh and emulated and obeyed His Father even to laying down His life to redeem mankind...

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one." John 10:27-30

"If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him." John 10:37-38

All He asks is that we believe in Him, repent of our sins, and emulate His Father in the actions of His Son Jesus... We should be reflections of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and operate in the Holy Spirit.

People should have no doubt about our parentage- we are born of God, and should be just like our Father!  I can only imagine the pride and delight we would give our Father!


© Glenys Robyn Hicks

2 comments:

  1. Glenys, thanks for reminding us how important it is to grow in Christlikeness. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. Thanks also for commenting today! Blessings!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...