Saturday, 26 November 2016

ARE YOU A HANNAH?



After I lost my twins, my ex-husband was very careful to ensure that there were no more children for at least the next few years.  Those years of endless longing for a baby were some of the most emotionally taxing years of my life..

Each month I would cry and dream of the time I would be fruitful and be pregnant. The longing became an obsession.... an ache that resonated from not only my heart but my womb.  My greatest longing- to be a mother had almost been a reality, and now there was nothing but emptiness and grief...When finally I was allowed to become pregnant, the joy in me was palpable... I felt vibrant and full of hope.

Because I know the pain of longing for a child and have tasted the emptiness of enforced infertility,  my heart is particularly close to those who wait for a child of their own.  I know personally of a few women who walk that path in desperation, praying and hoping for a child.

If you walk the path of infertility, unsuccessful pregnancy or stillbirth or neonatal death, please know that you are in my prayers.... I do make mention of all the Hannahs in the world, in my prayer time. 

If you are a Hannah in need of prayer, please comment and I will be honoured to mention you by name- God knows you if you don't want to. Remember, nothing is impossible to God, but waiting month after month takes it toll on a soul....  be strong and faithful! Try to be of good cheer!

What God did for Elizabeth, Sarah and Hannah, and a few of my friends I prayed with and for, He can do for you....praying for you all now...

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

And [Hannah] vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life...and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her.  1 Samuel 1:11

8 comments:

  1. Bless you for this. I tried for 16 years to get pregnant, then in 2000, I had to have a total hysterectiomy. I will always miss my dream baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my mother lost her daughter to cot death her doctor (a lady doctor who was also a Christian) encouraged her to have another baby as soon as possible (this was back in the 1960s) and as a consequence I was born not that long afterwards. My mother told me this only recently and she said that it was the best thing she ever did. Perhaps it stopped (helped) the pain of loosing a child and wanting another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it helped relieve that empty feeling and I know you would have brought your mother great joy... Chris' mother lost a child at 3 years. He was one of twins. He inhaled a pebble and contracted bronchial pneumonia. There were no strong antibiotics like today and he died. 5 years later she had Chris who was a great comfort to her. Whilst having another child after the loss of one comforts one, we all know that we never forget the one we have lost. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Your Husband sounds cruel. Did he ever think about how he might have robbed you of a good few potential childbearing years? I mean your eggs are not getting younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hella. This was in my youth... I did go on to have another 4 children... Blessings, Glenys

      Delete
  4. God bless you for your willingness to pray for others! Thank you for sharing so candidly!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...