Pages

Sunday, 13 November 2016

ARE YOU DROWNING?


I think a lot of us are feeling a bit like we are drowning... emotionally, not figuratively. We have had an overdose of nastiness from the buildup to the election and the aftermath has been pretty horrid too...
On top of this, we have our own issues such as health issues to contend with as well as perhaps caring for a loved one with their own set of problems. We feel ourselves sinking deeper under the waters which have sunk our boat.
What can we do about this? I think we need to be sure we spend time with God. We have to get alone with Him and come to a place where we share intimately one on One in His love, His care, and Who is is in our lives...
I have spent time with Him today and handed Him my sadness on the 47th anniversary of my still-born twin daughters' birth... and found the strength to enjoy my day with my granddaughter...
Until we come out of our prayer time with God feeling more confident in His love and His sovereignty, and then become less fearful and happier, we are going to continue to feel like we are drowning...

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...