Pages

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER!




Lately I have had angina. I cannot walk without my walker. Coupled with a flare of polymyalgia/fibromyalgia, I have been a walking zombie.

I think that I made a grave error of judgment in not having the stents put in between two of the ones I had inserted 8 years ago. I have a narrowing of the arteries in the LAD.

Eight years ago, I had two angiograms in which both were botched and I was/am terrified of having a third. The first angiogram left me with problems in the groin where the catheter was inserted to insert the dye and stents, and the entrance to my heart was damaged. 

Experiencing worse angina after the surgery than normal, I was admitted for another angiogram and this time they thrombosed my right radial artery, resulting in no pulse in the right wrist. It was at first diagnosed as a pseudo-anuerism.  It took 7 years before a pulse was detected and it was just by God's grace that the artery reshunted to give my hand a blood supply. I am sure you can see why I am scared to submit myself to another one.

When I was deliberating on having the latest stents, I was in a dilemma. I prayed, I asked Chris and I lost sleep. Chris told me he would support me in whatever decision I made, and when I prayed I had no peace about the procedure. So I cancelled the stents.

I have statins to control my cholesterol level, nitroglycerin and Monodur for the angina, blood thinners, and Somac to prevent GORD, which previously caused me to be hospitalised with aspiration pneumonia because I aspirated stomach acid in my sleep.  

I have a husband who allows me to have home help once a fortnight, and who walks the long weary road of chronic illness with me. Most times with Christ-like graciousness.  I commented about this to him once, and he took my hand and told me we're a team for better or worse.

I don't know if I will have a heart attack, if I will end up having those stents or if my heart will continue to get progressively worse. But I rejoice in God that I am not alone, but have a loving man beside me. Like everything in life we do, we're in this together! 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks


Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...