Pages

Monday, 24 October 2016

IT'S BETWEEN YOU AND GOD!



With the coming of my illnesses which include polymyalgia/fibromyalgia brain fog and chronic fatigue, coupled with enormous amounts of medication I need to take for my heart complaints and other woes, quiet time for me is not in the morning any more. My quiet time is during the day when my mind is more alert and the pain in my body settles down to a dull roar.

I simply can't take much in first thing in the morning. So for me quiet times must be fitted in so that I can understand what I read and so that I can pray in some semblance of sense.  I know that God understands what I am praying about, but I find it vaguely uncomfortable emotionally to not be able to pray coherently.

Because we are all different and our relationship with God is individual, you too will have to find what works best for your own quiet time with the LORD.  Just because an early morning works for most, perhaps you will find as I do that some other time in the day works better for you.  So even if someone suggests early morning, adapt it for your own needs... after all, the important thing is that you do find time to be alone with God....

Remember, it's not about a schedule. It's not about spending a particular number of minutes or hours. So don't give in to false guilt because you can't spend an hour at prayer and bible study early in the morning. Or any other time for that matter..  

Time with Him is about desiring God and pleasing Him. And coming from that place, hopefully you will feel somewhat refreshed and encouraged in the LORD. 

And whatever time that happens, is between God and you.


© Glenys Robyn Hicks

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...