* I realise that over 90% of the things I fretted and worried over never happened.
* If you offer food to a young child and they don't eat, they will not starve!
* That the time flies by so quickly that you should make time to enjoy your children-don't be left with regrets in the future
* It is best to keep a house that is clean enough to be healthy but dirty enough to be lived in-it will be too clean when the kids have left for good
* A self-willed child will often grow up to be a very conscientious hard worker and a loving person
* God loves my children even more than I do
* The naughtiest kid really needs the most hugs- sometimes it's an attention seeking thing
* It is more important to make your life rich in love than rich in possessions
* There is no safer place for a little child to bloom than in its own home
* A Band-Aid strip and a kiss means much more....it's that Mummy loves me and cares
* A rested Mother is the best Mother she can possibly be
* Taking time out for yourself some time during the day or night is good-Mothers shouldn't stop dreaming
* Heated disciplining arguments from the chiefs are never productive in front of little recruits-they will soon play one off against the other
* It is not unloving to encroach on your kids 'rights' and choose his friends for him- you can save yourself and him a lot of heartaches later on
* To make too much of a child is inviting disaster- soon they will make you the children and they will be masters of the house
* Stay united with your spouse in front of the children- a house divided will fall and you will come down with it
* Two heads of the house does not work- allow and encourage your husband to lead
* Pray without ceasing - we mothers need all the help we can get...and that goes on all our lives
Seek to find snatches of joy everyday as you battle through Mt Laundry etc- you will reach the mountain top all too quickly and will remember the valley as the best journey of your life!
© Glenys Robyn Hicks
“In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge ’ Proverbs 14:26