Pages

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

MAKING TIME FOR THE WORD


To be honest, I used to think I was too busy to have time to read my Bible every single day. I mean, think of all the jobs a mother has to do during any 24 hour period! Where exactly did personal devotions fit in anyway? For me, it boils back down to the theme of this post: priority.


What is priority exactly? It is something given or meriting attention before completing alternatives. While the statement "we all have time to do what we want to" isn't entirely factual, there is an element of truth there. How badly do I honestly want to spend time in God's Word and in His presence? Is it important enough to set aside other things that are important (such as an extra half hour of sleep) or things that are enjoyable (a few spare minutes that I would otherwise spend with my nose in a book) to see that it is done?

I discovered I do have time to read God's Word every day if I make it a priority.

 © Glenys Robyn Hicks

But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it Deuteronomy 30:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...