Monday, 26 September 2016

DON'T LET PEOPLE SNATCH AWAY YOUR MIRACLE!


Over the years, I have seen answers to prayer that were miraculous, but where people- even Christians, have downplayed it and rationalised it until it was almost a non event.

I have seen my unquestionably deaf friend with her hearing restored, and when I was telling of it, the miracle was scoffed at by me being told she wasn't totally deaf... but I know she was..

A neighbour was going blind because of a malignant brain tumour. I took a handkerchief that had been prayed over by the elders and anointed in oil, and prayed with her. She was very grateful and kept it under her hospital pillow and came to faith in Jesus Christ. The operation was a complete success. The tumour was benign!

When I shared this miracle with my then doctor, (a Christian), he was quite raucous in his denunciation of the miraculous and sited position of the tumour, doctor's skill etc etc. Yet she was told she was going to die because of it! 


A friend had great difficulty conceiving and we prayed together as we waited for her third surgery to help things along... I felt quite strongly that she would eventually have success, and I told her I felt she would have more than one child.... after many years, she had another two....

When I shared the wonderful news, it was greeted with disdain, siting the many (unsuccessful) surgeries. Nothing to do with God, not even the fact that number 3 was a complete surprise!

My own daughter was battling leukaemia and her organs were all failing with the chemo. They were putting her on dialysis when I took a minute to anoint her with oil and prayed according to James 5:15. From that point on, she recovered... and remains in remission two years later...

Most I tell this to just attribute this to the dialysis but I still believe it was God Who tells us in the Word what to do so the sick will recover. I believe this because the doctors couldn't be sure dialysis alone would save her and weren't all that hopeful...

Friends, I cannot prove that these things were God or His awesomeness displayed in doing the miraculous among us today.
But I can testify that He intervened when all looked set to fail in the natural scheme of things... We serve an amazing God...

I exhort you to keep believing in God and not to let people snatch your miracle away from you... 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. John 2:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...