Pages

Wednesday, 19 July 2017

A TRIBUTE TO A REAL SERVANT OF GOD!



I once read the life story of Charles Haddon Spurgeon.  I recall that he  used to make constant kidney stones. He was diagnosed as having a stag horn kidney stone which basically filled the whole pelvis of his kidney. He was advised to have risky surgery to remove the kidney. However, Spurgeon resisted the surgeon’s pleas and asserted that the LORD would heal him or he would die uncut.

As a chronic maker of kidney stones and knowing the agony each one brings, it was with great awe and admiration that I read that the LORD caused the stag horn stone to slowly disintegrate and Spurgeon passed BOTTLES of stones over a few years! He would travel to a prayer meeting or rally shivering and vomiting with pain, yet when he started to preach, his words were strong and delivered with such conviction that many were convicted of their sin and saved without even suspecting that Spurgeon was passing blood and in constant agony! 

When questioned by those close to him, he was quoted as saying that his sufferings were nothing compared to what Christ had done for him! I wish I could remember the name of the book- it is something that has stayed in my mind over many years of passing bi-lateral stones myself. Most of the world doesn’t even know what a hero and wonderful servant of God he was!

© Glenys Robyn Hicks


I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...