Pages

Friday, 24 September 2010

A PRAYER AS I GO TO SLEEP



Now I lay me down to sleep as the day departs

And the sun’s long rayed fingers streak downward and disappear,
I meditate on my bed and think of You, Lord.

I think of Your great mercies as You kept me safe today,
And I delight in knowing You love me, even now as I lay reflecting on
Mistakes and sins of the day- freely forgiven as I confess them to You.

I can rest secure knowing that even as I sleep,
You are watching over me, even me, 
Whilst You call the stars out by name to light up the sky with jewels.

Because of Your goodness and faithfulness, I can sleep at peace,
Knowing that You will be with me now,
And tomorrow, and forevermore.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

‘I meditate on You in the night watches’ Psalm 63:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...