Saturday, 29 July 2017

I'M UP FOR IT TODAY



All Sacrificial Home Keepers know the joy of being in control of our home and little steps for the  healthy  woman are big  strides for us.  Only we know that  exhilarating feeling of a bed made up freshly or a pantry that's  finally had even one  item of out of date  food thrown out. We  thrill at  the  little things,  for with us,  we have  done the  equivalent of  climbing  Mount Everest. And we should indeed, give ourselves a pat on the back. We do, indeed, rock.

In order to prevent another fibromyalgia/PMR flare, I have to pace myself, and this limits how much I can do... we all know that borrowing spoons from tomorrow will result in a clattering of cutlery as it hits the floor the next day, with the result that all our energy for the next few days will be in very short supply. It's just not worth pushing ourselves. It's a learning experience, and a painful one at that.

I have just finished my first month of my cleaning schedule. I have kept to the list and at the moment, I would not want to hide under my bed if we had visitors... our home would be ready for hospitality and company in about half an hour. An hour on bad days. 

My menu lists are very effective and are a wonderful tool for when I have brain fog.  I have curtailed long shopping expeditions and we just do a grocery shop once every two weeks. It's working well.

All in all, with pain-killers every 6 hours- just Panadol Osteo, and a nanna nap thrown in, I am milking this respite for all it's worth. At the end of the month, I will be weaned off the Prednisolone, and I dread the pain coming back. But for today, I am cooking up a storm, both physically and literally.

I will be making a stew in my crock pot/slow cooker. I am going to make a strawberry/apple/pear/cinnamon and honey smoothie for when Chris comes home from work. And, God willing, I plan to bake some choc chip cookies. 

I know this isn't really cooking up a storm, but is one days' meals, but for me, it's a marathon. Praise God, I'm up for it today.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks 


My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for blessing me today Glenys; I love this! I am so sad you suffer so much with pain; why are going off the Prednisolone? You are in my prayers, dear friend.
    I also love my menu planning – it saves my sanity. Joshua always asks what is for dinner when he wakes up, and it is so good to be able to show him the list for the week – menu planning is one of the best things I have learned from FlyLady!
    As you know, I don’t suffer with constant pain, however I do deal with really bad anxiety everyday (I praise and thank God for my medication). It is Flying that keeps me going – that and to do lists. My home has gotten really bad of late; that is why I don’t do FB at the moment (plus a family matter) – the Flylady forum and site help me way more!
    I am also loving posting my day on my blog!
    Love to you and Chris! oxoxo
    (Thank you for blessing Jilly – Antony)





    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been taken off Prednisolone because of the side effects plus it elevates my sugar levels- I am type 2 diabetic... My home needs me to fly. I was just thinking of trying FlyLady again when I read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...