Pages

Saturday, 2 July 2016

I THINK I CAN SPARE IT


I recently considered just how much time I actually spend on housework. The answer may surprise you!

Time Spent on FlyLady: Simple Bedtime/Morning routines (5min & 5min),
Decluttering (5min),
Laundry (20 min total),
Doing one of the 'home blessings' each day (5 min),
Hot Spot Fire Drills (5mins.),
Sink (5min).
Total time: 60 minutes.

A couple of times a week, I spend an extra 15min. on decluttering, zones, or something else.The biggest helps? My morning & evening routines. Doing something, no matter how little or seemingly insignificant (Death to perfectionism!) Not mentally beating myself up (thanks for the fly-washing!) Beginning again...and again...and again...and growing a little more each time (gradual, permanent change) 

Excuses don't HELP. Not when I am sick. Not when I have depression. Excuses say that there aren't any solutions and that there's no hope. I know I can manage tiny bites of time. And often it only is 5 mins that I need. It's that procrastination thing again! 

Even the smallest routine can help restore hope. It won't be perfect - It can't be perfect - but it WILL be better! I am a great believer in Flylady's quote: Housework done imperfectly still blesses your family!

Spread out throughout the day, with a nanna nap in between, five minutes at a time is not too difficult for us: just remember what Flylady says and take baby steps! 60 minutes in the course of a day isn't much at all... even on bad days, I think I can spare it!

© Glenys Robyn Hicks


Teach [us] to number our days, that we may apply [our] hearts unto wisdom" Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...