Pages

Friday, 19 August 2016

HE KNOWS YOU!


Over the last ten years, I have literally looked death in the face a few times. Whilst waiting 3 weeks for a hospital bed for heart stent surgery, I was told that I could die at any moment. Five years ago, I had a bad case of aspiration pneumonia which effected my heart, making me believe and feel that I was going to die. I clung to Jesus very tightly.

Eight years ago I had a misdiagnosis of a  terminal disease. This disease was a dementia type disease (Picks) which had a 5 year duration. I was led to believe I would die from it. Whilst clinging to the LORD and coming to terms with it, I found myself wondering what would happen to me if I couldn't remember Him.

I will never forget the *almost* audible voice in my head that came as a powerful answer after I asked God to remember me if I don't know Him when I die... it said simply, "But I know you!" The simplicity and truth in that literally blew away all my fear!

Whatever befalls you, just cling to Jesus.... He will never leave you or forsake you... even if illness robs you of thought, as well as health and life, He knows *you*! Comforting, isn't it?


© Glenys Robyn Hicks

[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

1 comment:

  1. I too have faced death twice, and just knowing that He is my Daddy takes all the fear away. "I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." I want to wait for Him the way little children wait for their Daddies at the window, jumping up and down, "Daddy's coming, Daddy's coming!!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...