Pages

Sunday, 14 June 2015

WRITE YOUR NAME ACROSS MY HEART



I have a condition linked to fibromyalgia which is called dermagraphia or skin writing. My skin is super sensitive and if there is any pressure whatsoever on it, I come up in red welts like hives. And it is super itchy and hot to the touch. In fact, I look like I have been whipped when I am dressing after a bath or shower. And that is just getting dry.

Dermagraphia was in fact the clincher for my rheumatologist in diagnosing my fibromyalgia. Red welts appeared over my shoulders and at the back of my neck where she pressed lightly to gauge if I had pain in the typical pressure points. "Ah, you have dermagraphia! You definitely have fibromyalgia!" she said. It was the day of the diagnosis, a lead up to three years of tests and endless doctors' visits. 

There is nothing I need do when I get the welts coming up. I can use a soothing lotion but it will calm down by itself in about 30 minutes.

I jokingly invite Chris to write his name across my heart..it doesn't hurt, It is a nuisance more than a pain, but it sure makes a good party trick! 

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. " Isaiah 41:13

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mari, that was a typo! It should have read "Chris" my husband. LOL I often spell his name with a t on the end. I could be super spiritual and say that I see Christ in him, but truth is, I need new glasses! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about all that you go through with your health, but I am so glad that you have a great sense of humour and that you share with us at Good Morning Mondays. There is so much we can glean from you. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...