Tuesday, 23 June 2015

I JUST NEED SOME RESPITE




This morning I slept in. Usually the alarm rings at 6am and I get up and get Chris off to work.  But last night, I laid his clothes out for him, filled the tea kettle and left him to get himself ready. 

It's not the norm, but neither is my bout of fatigue and pain. This is one humdinger of a fibromyalgia flare if it is one.

I say if it is, because I am experiencing crippling joint pain and feel feverish.  For years, there has been debate amongst rheumatologists as to whether I have Lupus. I have many markers, including antiphospholipid syndrome (sticky blood), and my ANA+ has tripled in 12 months.

So far my diagnosis is connective tissue disease, unspecified auto immune disease and fibromyalgia. But I think more blood tests may be in order. I have never had such joint pain as this.  Plus I need to see if my thyroid meds are doing the job. I am exhausted. Constantly. I wake up with no spoons at all.

On the plus side, I set myself a goal of folding all the clean washing that was piled in our walk in robe. It was a mammoth task with frequent breaks. But I managed to do it, and it has given me some satisfaction.

I have cooked a fried rice dish that Chris likes and unless he cleans the kitchen for me, it will get done tomorrow when I come back from my doctor appointment.

First thing on my list of requests after checking my blood pressure will be a check to see why my joints are all swelling up at the same time. It can't just be ageing.   It's extremely painful and is probably why my BP won't come down.

 I would be happy if I could just get a respite from being in pain. I just wish it would show its face so I know what I am fighting..


© Glenys Robyn Hicks

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward, they will receive the  crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. James 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...