Pages

Sunday, 7 June 2015

AT LEAST I CAN FIND A SEAT



I often have trouble walking, and it's not because I can't. It is a combination of things that see me gasping and unable to progress. 

My gait is OK, but as soon as I go for a walk or try to shop, my muscles in my back spasm, my heart pains me and I get breathless. I need to stop, find a seat and dose myself with nitroglycerin spray under my tongue and if I am wheezing with asthma, I use my inhaler. It's not much fun, especially when I feel well enough and have the spoons to actually go shopping. 

Chris and I have found a way around this problem. I use either a wheel chair or a motorised scooter that I can hire from the Concierge at the Shopping Centre. I even have a card that I just present when I go. It makes hiring it easier.

At supermarkets, I find if I actually push the shopping trolley, that it gives me the support for my back muscles that I need. And for walking when I can for exercise, I have a walker.

I used to balk at using mobility aids, but now I have accepted that I need them, I find we can still go shopping and enjoy ourselves. You have to work with what you have.

Another reason I am using the walker around the block is that I need to keep walking or else I will find that I can't.  I am hoping that after I have the heart stents put in, that I will be able to build my strength up again and not need them. But meanwhile I have to keep working at lowering my blood pressure and sugars and hopefully clear the brain fog.

Meanwhile, I thank God that we have them available here. And at least I can always find a seat.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms.  Proverbs 31:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...