Pages

Sunday, 17 June 2012

Quenching darts and battle weary!



Recently I have been battling in many areas...my fibromyalgia and polymyalgia rheumatica have flared causing   chronic pain and chronic fatigue. I have had a reaction to a flu vaccination which has given me a bad cold and chesty cough and caused my heart to pain me in angina attacks. And I have been quenching darts and am battle weary!


Lately I have been posting a lot on feminism's evils and as a result I have been receiving some very nasty comments... so nasty that I have had to delete them.  Now you who know me well, know that I post most comments and try to answer them as honestly and respectfully as I can, but there is nothing quite so vicious as a feminist who is on a crusade for her cause.  I honestly have never heard such vitriole and the personal attacks have been written to wound me.


There is also a blog dedicated to bringing down Fundamentalist Christian women's blogs. I must be rattling some chains, because I have become their "most favourite fundie" and have been called "the mother-in-law from hell" and am now level pegging with another blogger, Lori Alexander of Always Learning... being likened to "Lori's Australian sister" Apparently, I am " always bringing in the crazy!" (Lori's blog is good by the way, so have a read!)


Because I was already down and out with my health and close to the Pit of Despair, I decided after Chris took charge and demanded I close my blog (in order to protect me, I might add), that I would stop blogging. In fact, you may have read the now deleted posts advising that I had stopped blogging.  First I tried to avoid receiving comments, then in desperation, I deleted my blog completely.


I felt so empty after deleting my blog. Then I started to feel righteous indignation. I felt the LORD calling me to undelete my blog and to keep writing. So I talked it over with Chris and he suggested I just delete the offensive comments and not take it to heart. (easier said than done)


So, I prayed and the LORD brought to mind these verses: For this [is] thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory [is it], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 


I feel a bit guilty that I was found weak at the time of this testing, but I have repented and have tried to put that which was wrong, right.  Hence the post this morning.... I don't know if I will have many readers after deleting my blog and so on, but that is in God's hands, not mine.  All I know is that I felt empty without sharing tea with you and have answered the call.  So I am quenching darts, battle-weary but obedient... and starting to see my fundie crazy woman status as getting through to a lot of lost women...and isn't that what I started blogging for anyway?   Blessings to you all, 




Photobucket
The Fundamental Top 500BibleTop100.com

20 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see you back online!!! When we are physically weak, it is easier to take these comments personally, but it is not our words they are denying, it is God's word. I've read your posts, and have found them to be supportive and helpful. As you know, I've repeated some of them in my tiny blog, along with a link here to yours. Thank you for returning to be a watchman in our times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your health problems. They sure are no fun but they remind us that this is not our home. i amd glad you undeleted your blog. Don't let the enemy win! Just keep speaking truth and moderating comments. I don't let the negativity on my blog anymore. It is again a peaceful place for people to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too, Lori! Blessings!

      Delete
    2. I have never been able to understand "hate" commenters? Why not just stop reading if you don't like the content? No sense in it to me.

      Delete
  3. The Lord uphold you and give you wisdom, Glenys. I think blogs need to take a back seat when they interfer with our first callings ~ God,family and home. Even if that is what the blog is about! There is no use having that fall apart in the meanwhile.
    Also, I pray the Lord will give relief and restoration in your body, and the grace needed to endure. I know the difficulty of chronic illness and tiredness but I am very blessed to be without pain mostly. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Ruby. My blog was becoming very important to me-almost an idol. But I am not going to let that happen now.... Chris and I covered that in the few days my blog was deleted. I must say that the hate mail was having a bad effect on my health- which is why Chris told me to delete it! It perhaps was the cause of a bsd fibro flare as it has been going on since I wrote against feminism's chief "nasty" 7.... I have to learn to switch off from the haters....and pray for them!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for coming back! I only started following you a short time ago, but find your words encouraging and very helpful. I have chronic health issues as well and as a result have become somewhat isolated. It's good to connect with someone whose values I share and who 'gets it.' So very sorry to hear about the verbal attacks. The hurtfulness of mean words is hard to recover from. You must be touching a very raw nerve out there. I have to wonder why those with contrary views would choose to follow your blog.?? There must be a real insecurity in their stance to cause them to attack. A belief and value system should be able to stand on it's own, not stand because other viewpoints are blocked.I pray for your strength, health and continued courage.
    Amen!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I echo Sherry! Thank you so much for pointing my heart toward my family and my home. You are such an encouragement to me. Blessings, Melissa

      Delete
  5. Glenys I am so sorry for all you have been going through, I have been out of town away from blog land. I know the sting of bad comments and have deleted some myself. I have to say I think you are doing a good work here telling and teaching the truth to a younger generation. I appreciate you! Saying a prayer for your health and your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you are having problems but I am so glad you will keep posting. We must encourage each other. Thank-you for keeping on with your Godly blogging!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Glenys, I am so pleased to see you back but so sad to hear about these comments - As Ruby says, why do people get so heated (hateful) over things when they could just walk away. Have you pricked their conscious a little, home truths can hurt. I will pray that the Lord gives you the strength that you need as I can imagine that it would be depressing to hear such horrible words.

    AS I said - it is so lovely to hear from you again:)

    In Gods precious grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joluise, I really can't be bothered answering them or correcting them.... I was quoted out of context in most of their rumblings against me as well.... it is so good that I don't have to defend myself against their attacks... It is a lesson in humility, forgiveness and remembering that they are lost and need me to pray.... it's just been very draining emotionally/physically. Blessings and love in Christ, Glenys

      Delete
  8. Glenys, I'm so glad you decided to not stop blogging. We are not of this world and will stand out when we proclaim God's truth. Be strong in the Lord. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Dawn, eventually, I came to that conclusion, but it did get to me intitally.... so spiteful and vitriolic... But in all that, there was a lesson for me... I had to learn humility and forgiveness... and to run the race well.... Blessings and thanks for sharing a cuppa with me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...