Pages

Monday, 19 December 2016

HOME'S AN INDELIBLE INK ON THE HEART



What image does "home" conjure up in your mind? Most times, it will be a sweet memory, for home is such a strong part of our lives that it etches itself in our heart in an indelible ink that creates a deep longing. Irregardless of whether home was troubled or not, there is always a part of us that finds it is a refuge. It is that place where we first learnt to interact with people and form family bonds.

At home can just be ourselves and let our hair down as we unwind. Here we not only rest and recoup from the rages and trials of the world, but it is in and of itself, a place of solace and comfort.

Home will draw us back in times of grief as well as joy, for it is written on the human heart in indelible ink, that creates a longing that only it can quell. A good home will give us foresight and hunger for our eternal Home with God...

 © Glenys Robyn Hicks

And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. Luke 9:16

8 comments:

  1. I'm always glad and eager to get back home after I have been out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing quite like coming home is there, KC? Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Home truly is where the heart is. I read a missionaries blog where she wrote how good it was to be home, but it wasn't where she was raised. An American, she and her husband now serve in Ukraine. They had to leave for visa purposes and spent three months in another country. She wrote how happy she was to be sleeping in her own bed. If we feel this way now, think how wonderful it will be when we're home with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I have been away and the plane hits the runway, I know that I am home and often I find the taxi trip takes too long as I am so eager to be back in my little cave!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going on holiday is great, but coming home is better! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...