Pages

Tuesday, 4 October 2016

MOTHERHOOD NEVER ENDS



All of our 6 children have flown the nest. It certainly made me teary with all of them and I think that is normal. We have nurtured them from the moment they were conceived and I think that it is as if a big part of us feels like we are losing them. I have found that although it gets a little easier with each one, it is still like a grieving process. It is a painful process sending them into the world, just like bringing them into the world. I have felt numb inside like a wooden doll as I waved my children goodbye. But the healing comes in the satisfaction of a job well-done after you see each fledgling fly.

Motherhood doesn't stop. And neither does your marriage. You will continue to be the hub of your home, even when your children have flown the nest. They will still need your advice and support. And your dear husband will always need you.

As the children start leaving, would be a great time to concentrate on developing mutual interests and hobbies and keeping that flame of romance alive. I know it seems like you have nowhere to go- but it truly is just a bend in the road! The bond of motherhood- indeed parenthood, never is broken- they may be separated from you, but they are forever in your heart.

© Glenys Robyn Hicks

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Isaiah 49:15

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sipping tea with me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True!!!! Excellent insight!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Marriage Monday at Yes They're All Ours. Would you mind adding my blog button or a link to my blog at the bottom of your post, so your readers can find me? THANKS!

    I hope you will link up again next week!

    blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! Yes I will be linking up again next week. I have added the link to your blog at the bottom of my post- I thought I had but it was in the linkup page here. Thanks for taking the time to share a cuppa with me- and welcome to my blog! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Just 4 years from now my youngest will graduate high school. I still have three of my four at home though they are quite busy now. Thank you for this advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The years pass very quickly... enjoy the three you have at home. I remember with great fondness the time I had my children under my roof. Blessings, Glenys

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...