Pages

Friday, 2 March 2012

Some thoughts on quiet time



With the coming of my illnesses which include fibromyalgia brain fog and chronic fatigue, coupled with enormous amounts of medication I need to take for my heart complaints and other woes, quiet time for me is not in the morning any more. My quiet time is during the day when my mind is more alert and the pain in my body settles down to a dull roar.



I simply can't take much in first thing in the morning. So for me quiet times must be fitted in so that I can understand what I read and so that I can pray in some semblance of sense.  I know that God understands what I am praying about, but I find it vaguely uncomfortable emotionally to not be able to pray coherently.



Because we are all different and our relationship with God is individual, you too will have to find what works best for your own quiet time with the LORD.  Just because an early morning works for most, perhaps you will find as I do that some other time in the day works best for you.  So even if someone suggests early morning, adapt it for your own needs... after all, the important thing is that you do find time to be alone with God....here is the article I want to share from Christian Women Today...



Find a quiet place. Take your Bible, a notebook, pen, and perhaps a favorite devotional. You can play worship music if your desire. Remain quiet in God's presence. Meditate on His love for you, Sing, or don't sing. But do bask. Drink in the Lord's love, unhurriedly savoring Him. Read His word and listen for His voice.



Note anything God reveals to you. Search your heart. Ask the Lord to reveal areas or issues in your life that are displeasing. Pray for yourself, family, friends, church, and others. But remember, God is sovereign. His ways are not our ways. Be sensitive to His desire for you each moment. It's not about a schedule. It's not about spending a particular number of minutes or hours. Time with Him is about desiring God and pleasing Him.





Photobucket


Today I have linked to Our Simple Country Life 

                                    Comfy in the kitchen



My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3




The Fundamental Top 500BibleTop100.com

13 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog for the 1st time. I haven't read much yet, so please forgive me if I'm missing something in regards to your illness. Have you tried a grain free diet to help manage the fibromyalgia? I have with good results. God bless out illnesses as they bring us closer to Him in ways we may not have known without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found anything dietary to help my fibromyalgia. Perhaps I will look into trying a gran free diet. Thanks and blessings!

      Delete
    2. Oh do try if you can! After I changed a found such great results, my Grandmother who has been sick and diagnosed with fibromyalgia and then lupus at one point, she talked to her doctor who did a blood test and she found out that she has a full blown allergy to wheat or Celiacs. Her doctor says she may have all along been improperly diagnosed as eating wheat and grains causes an auto-immune response just like any other auto-immune disorder! And even if blood work comes back saying wheat is not the problem as mine did, a wheat free diet can still help. Many doctors say that anyone with auto-immune issues should try it because it may alleviate symptoms. I am found a diet called the SCD diet which eliminates all grains and some starches. You can google Breaking The Vicious Cycle to see that, as I was also starting to get IBS along with my fibro-like symptoms, which SCD completely resolved within weeks. God bless you, and many prayers!

      Delete
    3. Timber, it's funny you should say that about celiacs because as soon as I finish eating my Weetbix or multgrain bread, I get bad stomach pains and need to visit the bathroom urgently. I put it down to irritable bowel, but now I think it may be an allergy to wheat or grains. I am going to investigate the SCD diet. Thanks for suggesting that. I will reply here later and let you know how it goes. Blessings!

      Delete
    4. As mentioned Celiacs often goes with other wuto immune conditions and a very high number of Diabetic develop Celiacs. I have both. I am not super sensitive with wheat products but I certainly feel a lot better when I stay off them. Just remember, if you try going off gluten and find it helps that it will no longer show up in blood tests. So if you want to know for sure you need to have the Celiacs diagognosed first. Some people are just happy to keep off gluten/ wheat anyway.

      Delete
    5. Haha..."auto" not wuto!

      Delete
    6. So, Timber and Ruby, is it just a blood test for celiac disease? I have to have a full set of tests done in the near future- I could have this done at the same time! Thanks...

      Delete
    7. Glenys, I had a camera down to investigate anemia and the Celiacs was detected. I think blood tests alone can tell but am not sure about that. I know they can measure the amount of gluten now in that way. It's worth asking about as the intolerance means the villi in the lining of the stomach lie flat and nutrients are not absorbed around the body. This can cause a lot of pain as well as malnutrition. Bone pain, cramps etc as well as the sudden urge you mentioned.

      Delete
  2. My quiet time is at the end of the day, usually sitting in bed - it is a favourite time for me, when the house is quiet and still and the day is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really believe any time is a good time to spend with the LORD. It's a nice way to wind up the day and relax! Blessings!

      Delete
  3. I also struggle to pray and meditate first and last thing in the day. It is good to know that the Lord listens and walks with us always.
    I saw recently where the "statin" drugs which are used for high cholestrol patients cause a lot of aches and pains in some patients. I realise your illness is the primary cause but I did find a change of meds helped when I had bad side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the statin drugs made my fibromyalgia and polymyalgia worse. The doctors changed it from 20mg a night to 10mg Lipitor plus an other one Ezebetride to act in conjunction with it. I tell you, I rattle on my way to bed with all the tablets inside me LOL Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Ruby, I am definitely going to mention it to my doctor next visit! Thanks

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...