Pages

Friday, 13 January 2012

I Think I Can Spare It

I recently considered just how much time I actually spend on housework. The answer may surprise you!


Time Spent on FlyLady: Simple Bedtime/Morning routines (5min & 5min),
Decluttering (5min),
Laundry (10 min total),
Doing one of the 'home blessings' each day (5 min),
Hot Spot Fire Drills (5mins.),
Sink (5min).
Total time: 40 minutes.


A couple of times a week, I spend an extra 15min. on decluttering, zones, or something else.The biggest helps? My morning & evening routines.Doing something, no matter how little or seemingly insignificant (Death to perfectionism!) Not mentally beating myself up (thanks for the fly-washing!) Beginning again...and again...and again...and growing a little more each time (gradual, permanent change) 


Excuses don't HELP. Not when I am sick. Not when I have depression. Excuses say that there aren't any solutions and that there's no hope. I know I can manage tiny bites of time. And often it only is 5 mins that I need. It's that procrastination thing again! 


Even the smallest routine can help restore hope. It won't be perfect - It can't be perfect - but it WILL be better! I am a great believer in Flylady's quote: Housework done imperfectly still blesses your family!


Five minutes at a time is not too difficult for us: just remember what Flylady says and take baby steps! 40 minutes in the course of a day isn't much at all... I think I can spare it!





Blessings, Glenys


Teach [us] to number our days, that we may apply [our] hearts unto wisdom" Psalm 90:12






4 comments:

  1. I really related to the section of this post that mentions the excuses. I think we, as Homemakers, have all made them (I know I shamefully have). But you are right, taking baby steps, and doing a little bit at a time is the best way. I am slowly learning this, for excuses only keep us from being productive in our homes.

    -M. Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer from chronic illness and so a lot of my excuses are valid, however I have found that if I don't extend myself a bit more and keep my house under control, it effects my emotional health. I go on a downward spiral and then I get a flare. If on the other hand, I extend myself physically, but gently, a bit at a time pacing myself, I find that usually I can avoid a flare of my fibromyalgia and avoid an angina attack. It's all about balance....

    Thanks for commenting, Mara. Blessings, Glenys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenys...such a good pst! so true. With one arm everything is so very hard! I'm dreading the long process a shower will be. It's also terribly cold and I'm not at home. and many other complications. Shall count my blessings and not put this off any longer. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I have had a broken right wrist twice, so I understand exactly the drawn out procedure a shower can be! I had Chris' help to do it: is your husband able to help you shower and dry/dress? Hope you do enjoy the shower once you're in... Thanks for commenting today :) Blessings, Glenys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...